It is a free, safe and easy way for anyone earning $66,000 or less to file state and federal taxes.
United Way partners with H&R Block to help people easily and accurately file their federal and state taxes through MyFreeTaxes.
• The MyFreeTaxes filing software is powered by an industry leader, H&R Block, which guarantees that tax returns are 100% accurate.
• MyFreeTaxes is easy to use; just upload a picture of your W-2 and MyFreeTaxes will automatically fill in your information.
• Most filers complete their taxes under an hour.
• MyFreeTaxes is mobile optimized so anyone can easily access MyFreeTaxes.com from their computer, tablet or smart phone.
• Users can file federal and up to three state returns for free.
• MyFreeTaxes filing software, provided by H&R Block, uses the highest industry standards to safeguard taxpayer information. Filers can get free customer support from IRS-certified specialists right from the palm of their hand.
• Filers can call, email or use the chat box to get assistance from a real person in real time.
• MyFreeTaxes offers support in English and Spanish.
• The MyFreeTaxes Helpline is available from January 22 through April 30, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday, and between Noon and 9 p.m. EST on Saturdays. Filers that use MyFreeTaxes are guaranteed to receive their maximum refund.
• Taxpayers save an average of $200 in fees by using MyFreeTaxes instead of a paid tax preparer.
• MyFreeTaxes has saved users $180 million dollars in filing fees since 2009.
• The software screens for refund and credit eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and the Child Tax Credit (CTC), to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund. Whether you’re a freelancer, an independent contractor, or have a side-job, MyFreeTaxes ensures you get every dollar you deserve.
• MyFreeTaxes offers specialized forms for self-employed filers.
2018 Key Dates:
< 2018 Tax Filing Season Begins Jan. 29
< Federal Tax Returns Due April 17